Inside York

St Oswald's Church, Fulford, York

St. Oswald's Church in the centre of the Fulford Village dates back to c.1150 with the chancel being added in c.1180. The church is located in St. Oswald Road and contains nave, chancel and a west tower. Interestingly St. Oswald's was originally a church belonging to the Selby region, with Fulford Parish also originally part of the Selby area due to Fulford Main Road being located on the the Selby-York Road. With further development and housing being built in later years the area slowly naturally "joined" to York - yet Fulford didn't become officially part of the new City of York unitary authority area until 1996 when further rural areas beyond the old city boundaries were acknowledged by the council.

Today St. Oswald's is a lively and active Fulford community York parish church with regular Sunday services, fund raising activities and hosting events for local residents including Home Visit groups and Sunday School. If you are interested in the history of the church please call in, all visitors from all walks of life are more than welcome.

Church address: St Oswald's Church, Fulford, York YO10 4HJ
Registered Charity no: 1135631


 

The York Pass