York Pass FAQ
- What are the benefits of The York Pass? The York Pass offers free entry to over 20 Attractions in the city centre of York and even more further afield. The York Pass eliminates the need for cash transactions at admission points. You won’t need to carry around either cash or a calculator to keep track of your spending.
- Does The York Pass come with a guidebook? The York Pass Guidebook is a full colour tri-lingual guidebook with maps and information on each attraction and a planner. Also included are a wide range of special offers for coffee shops & restaurants, evening entertainments and retail shopping offers.
- Is there any benefit in buying the Pass now?
The main benefit is to make sure passes are reserved in advance for your visit. They will then be ready for collection on your arrival in York. You can use the pass at any time for 12 months following date of purchase.
- How much can I save?
The more you see the more you save. You only need to visit as few as four attractions before you cover the cost of a 1-day pass.
- Which Pass offers the most savings?
The three-day adult Pass offers the greatest value with savings of more than £50 per person.
- Is there a discount for groups? For all group or bulk purchase of the York Pass, please contact us via the menu.
- Is there any discount for families/students/pensioners?
The York Pass is the same price for all adults and offers substantial savings and benefits to everyone.
- How much does it cost?
See the "prices" page on this web site.
- If I order online how do I receive The York Pass?
Once purchased on line your York Pass can be redeemed in York at the Visitor Information Centre.
- Can I buy The York Pass when I am in York?
Yes, you can buy the York Pass from both Visitor Information Centres, located on Museum Street or at the Railway Station.
- How do you define a child York Pass?
Children are aged between 5 and 15 years. Children under 5 years are free.
- Is there a reduction for seniors/students?
No, there is one price for adults.
- Does the York Pass include Transport?
- The York Pass does include travel offers on both the York Pullman City Tours and City Sightseeing buses. Discounted vouchers for both buses can be found in the York Pass Guidebook on page 89. This service allows you to board at any one of the 20 stops around the city. The full tour last approximately 45 min (Route A) or one hour (Route B). Both routes include the historic city centre and city. The York Pass does not include public transport.
- How does my Pass work?
You should present your York Pass at every attraction you visit. This way you enter without paying.
- How does my pass become activated?
Your pass becomes activated when you visit the first attraction.
- Can I visit an attraction more than once?
You cannot visit an attraction more than once.
- Are the 2-day and 3-day passes for consecutive days?
Yes, for example, if you begin using a 2-day pass on a Wednesday it will be valid for Wednesday and Thursday. If you tried to use a two day pass on Wednesday and then Friday, it would not be valid for Friday, as the pass will have expired. However, you could start using the pass on any two consecutive days. Your card is activated when you visit your first attraction.
- Is the pass valid for 24 hours?
No, the pass is only available for a calendar day.
- What happens if I change the date of my trip to York?
No problem, your York Pass is valid for a year. It is only activated when you use it.
- Who is The York Pass for?
The York Pass has something for everyone including - families, business travellers, children, one day visitors from the UK or overseas, and local residents.
- Does The York Pass include any evening activities?
Yes, the York Pass includes a number of evening activity discounts, including ghost walks and evening river cruises, discounts at restaurants and the theatre.